Modeling, Simulation and Computational Research
- “On The Relative Intensities Of The U.V. Transitions In HOCl And HOCl.H2O”, J. W. Kress, J. M. Norbeck; Engineering and Research Staff, Research, Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan, U.S.A, Molecular Physics, Volume 41, Issue 1 September 1980 , pages 235 – 238 PDF
- “Determination Of The Pair Polarizability Tensor For The Ne Diatom”, James W. Kress and John J. Kozak, Department of Chemistry and Radiation Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, J. Chem. Phys. — May 15, 1977 — Volume 66, Issue 10, pp. 4516-4519,
- “Study Of The Structure Of Molecular Complexes. IX. The Hartree–Fock Energy Surface For The H2O–Li–F Complex”, James W. Kress and E. Clementi IBM Research Laboratory, Monterey and Cottle Roads, San Jose, California 95193, John J. Kozak and Maurice E. Schwartz, Department of Chemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, J. Chem. Phys. — November 1, 1975 — Volume 63, Issue 9, pp. 3907-3928.
- “Study Of The Structure Of Molecular Complexes. X. Dipole Moment Surface For The Lithium–Fluoride–Water Complex”, E. R. Chan, E. Clementi, J. W. Kress, and G. C. Lie IBM Research Laboratory, San Jose, California 95193, J. Chem. Phys. — March 15, 1975 — Volume 62, Issue 6, pp. 2026-2028
- “Estimate Of The Intermolecular Polarization Contribution To The Static Dielectric Constant Of Water”, James W. Kress and John J. Kozak, Department of Chemistry and Radiation Laboratory, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, J. Chem. Phys. — February 15, 1976 — Volume 64, Issue 4, pp. 1706-1719
Kinetics and Transport
- “Diffusion-Reaction of CO, NO and O2 in Automobile Exhaust Catalysis”, J.W. Kress, N.C. Otto, M. Bettman, J. Wang and A. Varma, AIChE Symposium Series 76, 202 (1980)
- “A Mathematical Model of Three-Way Catalyst Steady State Performance,” J.W. Kress, N.C. Otto, M. Bettman and C.N. Montreuil, Ford Technical Report SR-80-64 (1980)
- “Three-Way Catalyst Behavior Under Conditions of Transient Air-Fuel Fluctuations”, N.C. Otto and J.W. Kress, 1979 AIChE National Meeting, San Francisco, CA
- “Nonequilibrium Phenomena in the Kinetics of Photochemical Ozone Production.” John J. Kozak, G. Nicolis, J. W. Kress and M. Sanglier, J. Non-Equilib. Thermodyn. 4, 67-74 (1979)
- “Multi-Body And Stability Considerations Of Small Clusters Of Lithium”, Authors: James W. Kress; James J. Carberry; George C. Kuczynski, Affiliations: Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, U.S.A. and Chemistry Department, Ford Motor Company, Research Staff, Dearborn, MI; Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Notre Dame, U.S.A. U.S.A. Department of Metallurgy, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, U.S.A., Molecular Physics 36 717 (1978)
- “Practical Cone-Beam Algorithm”, LA Feldkamp, LC Davis, JW Kress – Journal of the Optical Society of America A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision, Volume 1, Issue 6, June 1984, pp.612-619 , Publication Date: 06/1984
- “X-ray tomography applied to NDE of ceramics”, Kress, J W; Feldkamp, L A American Society of Mechanical Engineers, International Gas Turbine Conference and Exhibit, 28th, Phoenix, AZ; United States; 27-31 Mar. 1983.
- “X-Ray Tomography of Gas Turbine Ceramics,” L.A. Feldkamp and J.W. Kress, 1981 annual report to ONR.
- “Three-Way Catalyst Performance with Modulated A/F Ratio Input”, J.W. Kress, C.N. Montreuil and N.C. Otto, Ford Technical Report SR-81-87 (1981).
- “Preparation and Basicities of Substituted N,N-Diethyl- and N,N-Dimethylaniline Oxides”, Terry L. Kruger, William N. White, Hilda White, Stephen L. Hartzell, James W. Kress, and Nancy Walter, J. Org. Chem. 40, 77 (1975)
- “Silicon Valve”, Patent number 4,756,508 Filing date: Nov 13,1986, Issue date: Jul 12, 1988 Inventors Joseph M. Giachino, James W. Kress
- “Silicon Valve”, Patent number 4,647,013 Filing date: Feb 21,1985, Issue date: Mar 3, 1987 Inventors Joseph M. Giachino, James W. Kress
- “Method for Fabricating a Silicon Valve”, Patent number 4,628,576 Filing date: Sep 9,1985, Issue date: Dec 16, 1986 Inventors Joseph M. Giachino, James W. Kress
- “Complete Business Plan for Proposed Sensor Joint Venture Between Ford EED and Honeywell”, J.W. Kress, J.M. Giachino, Ford Electronics Division, Business Planning Office, Internal Report, November, 1990
- “1984 Sensor Strategic Review”, Ford Internal Report, J.M Giachino, W.F. Horn, and J.W. Kress, April 1984
- “Technical Ceramics, A Strategic Review”, Ford Internal Report, R.F. Haase and J.W. Kress, Ford EED Strategic Planning Report, November, 1983